Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Visit to the Grave

The other day the weather was beautiful, so I took Toby on a long walk downtown. On our walk back to the car, we stopped at the cemetery to visit Sebastian's grave. I left Toby in the stroller the whole time, as we were able to walk right up to the grave without having to "drive' the stroller over any graves.

I cried a little and prayed by his headstone, then as I went to leave, Toby whimpered a bit. I stopped and asked him what the matter was, then I proceeded to leave again. Toby protested again, two more times - he clearly didn't want to leave.

Now the crazy thing was, there was nothing to entertain him and for a little toddler there was nothing to make him want to stay.

I felt like it was a love note from Sebastian reminding me of how he will always be a part of our lives and in our hearts...

...and that we are in his...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy, what a beautiful moment for you and Toby to have with Sebastian.

    PS: I'm so glad to see you posting again. (But no pressure.)

    xoxo! C

    ReplyDelete